The SUPPORT class is the class representing subregions of the mesh in the MEDMEM library. A SUPPORT object groups together a set of elements that have similar entity types.
The reference for the SUPPORT methods are given by the following links :
The FAMILY concept is directly linked to the representation of supports in the MED file. It is only useful for directly manipulating the arrays that are written/read by the MED drivers. More information can be found on this topic in MED reference guide.
A FAMILY is a SUPPORT with some additional methods that concern some optional attributes (we could have none) and groups (we could also have none) :
- getIdentifier returns the family identifier (an integer),
- getNumberOfAttributes returns the number of attributes of this family,
- getAttributesIdentifiers and getAttributeIdentifier returns an integer array or an integer that represents attribute identifier,
- getAttributesValues and getAttributeValue returns an integer array or an integer that represents attribute value.
- getAttributesDescriptions and getAttributeDescription returns a string array or a string that represents attribute description,
- getNumberOfGroups returns the number of groups which it belongs to,
- getGroupsNames and getGroupName return a string array or a string that represents the group name which it belongs to.
A GROUP is a SUPPORT with some additional methods to find FAMILY that makes it up :
- getNumberOfFamilies returns the number of FAMILY that makes up the GROUP ;
- getFamilies and getFamily return a FAMILY array or a FAMILY that makes up the GROUP.